Saturday, July 30, 2011

[Dark Nova] Begin

Today is a special day, I suppose. Ever since I was 'discovered' in a plain on Parum, I've been waiting for this day. They say that I was found under mysterious circumstances, but apparently I cannot remember. Everything has been a blank, but surprisingly, I had the mental acuity of communication and basic logic after I was delivered to Holtes City. Unfortunately, I was unable to remember anything, even my name, but that's fine, I suppose...

As a worker for the Guardians, it was time that I start training myself in preparation for the war against the SEED. Even though I am only, as my discoverers say, 15 years of age, I was fairly strong in most of the tests designed for the Guardians. Not impressively strong, but the one thing that struck my testers was my incredible reflex.

Anyway, I'm starting to go off-tangent again. Today's an important day because I am assigned to a Guardians upperclassman for training. I have no idea how this will work, partially because I'm afraid that I will screw up somehow. It always feels like I'm at odds with the world but I have no choice. I can't let this strange alien life form get its way and ruin home. There's also my missing memory which I hope will recover soon, maybe while training. So to prepare, I stride over to the elevator from the front desk, and select the fourth floor. I make my way back home.

My home is a studio-sized apartment in the Holtes City Guardians branch building. It's cramped, but it'll do. The only thing is that it's extremely bare. I don't mean to put my discoverers in a bad light, but they pretty much left me to my devices, as some would say, after I was delivered to Holtes. Soon after I completed basic training regarding health, fitness, and intelligence, I was given a card key to one of the empty rooms in the building. Since I was declared 'normal' by those test standards, I was put into a job as a janitor-and-messenger hybrid of sorts. It didn't pay much, but it gave me a place and food to live, so it explains why my room is so empty.

I was lucky to have a storage at least. I prepared for this day by keeping almost every item that I got as a gift and the like. I withdrew a Saber and Shield from storage, both one-star in quality and C-rank in class. I didn't think I could handle anything else, anyway. I equipped my armor and made sure it activated by checking the photon signatures on my clothes. Good, everything's ready.

Let the day begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment